Smashbox Masters Class with Robin Flanagan
I pushed my luck last week and joined the facebook promo from Beauty Bar Philippines. Such a blessed week indeed, I was one of the lucky 30 girls to win a slot at Smashbox Masters Class with Robin Flanagan.
Got my makeup on and shoes to don, I headed to Beauty Bar Trinoma for a 3 hours forum and beauty secrets demo.
Robin Flanagan is Smashbox Cosmetics Asia Pacific Regional Trainer. She started her career in New York after meeting Peter Beard. She worked as a makeup artist for MAC and Saks Fifth Avenue and later on joined Benefit Cosmetics in San Francisco.
Smashbox is a renowned top cosmetics brand of Hollywood where Robin mastered quick, practical makeup for everyday beauty. She highlighted the 6 Easy Steps to Creating the Perfect Canvas to correct facial blemishes. Smashbox believes that a perfect make-up should begin with an ultra-smooth facial skin canvas.
Here are the 6 simple steps that Smashbox’s Pro Makeup Artists swear by:
1. Photo Finish Foundation Primer & Anti-Shine – Start by applying Photo Finish Foundation Primer all over the face to create smoother, softer, younger-looking skin. Apply Anti-Shine to the T-zone area.
2. Foundation – Apply the shade of your favorite foundation. Keep it light and sheer.
3. Photo Op Under Eye Brightener & Concealer – Using a concealer brush, apply Photo Op Under Eye Brightener to instantly brighten, smooth, hydrate, and prepare the eye area for concealer. Cover up imperfections by using Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer. Conceal fine facial blemishes like dark spots, uneven skin tones, large pores and freckles.
4. Photo Finish Lid Primer – Dab a small amount and blend to smoothen and prep the eyelid for eyeshadow application. It will keep the color in place all day.
5. Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder – Sets the canvas with powder and reduce excess shine. HALO is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skin care built in. It’s advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids and a powerful peptide deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while the patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin for a brighter, more radiant complexion all day.
6. Brow Tech – Define the brows in perfect shape to draw attention to the eyes.
We were allowed to try on the products after the demo while Smashbox Philippine’s Chief Makeup Artist Lourd Ramos did a makeover to one of the participants.
I didn’t want to remove my makeup but I’m dying to have Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder and O-Gloss. Another set to add on my shopping list.
That’s me with Robin Flanagan. I did try the above steps at home, although me thinks I need that under eye magic treatment. But I’m happy coz its the first time I perfected applying liquid eyeliner. Sheeeesh.